Kung pao chicken
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp granulated sugar , or honey
- 1 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews , preferably untoasted and unsalted
- Stir 1 tbsp soy with 1 tbsp sherry, ginger and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to soy mixture. Stir until well coated. Stir in cornstarch and set aside. Combine remaining soy and sherry with sugar and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then marinated chicken. Stir-fry chicken until almost no pink remains, 3 to 5 min. Add pepper and cook until it starts to soften, about 2 min. Stir soy-sherry mixture and pour over chicken and pepper. Add onions and peanuts. Stir until peanuts are heated through, 1 to 2 min. Remove from heat. Serve over steamed rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 10 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 512 mg.