This is a cross between a veggie side dish and a leafy green salad, all in one bowl. Lightly cooked, crisp yellow and green beans are tossed in a mild tarragon dressing with lots of healthy fresh greens.
Green and yellow bean salad
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 8 servings
- 250 g green beans
- 250 g yellow beans
- 3 tbsp tarragon vinegar , or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 142-g bag mesclun greens , about 12 cups
- Bring a large saucepan partially filled with water to a boil. Meanwhile, trim ends from beans. When water boils, add beans. Cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander. Immediately rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Beans will keep well, covered and refrigerated, overnight. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with Dijon, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) tarragon leaves, salt and pepper. (If using white wine vinegar, add 1 tsp/5 mL tarragon.) Whisk in olive oil. If making ahead, dressing will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 5 days. Just before serving, place beans and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing overtop and toss to evenly coat.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.3 g,
- 4.8 g,
- 9.2 g,
- 1.5 g,
- 86 mg.