Curried quinoa and collard green wrapsBy Chatelaine
Packed with superfoods (beets, carrots, quinoa), under 500 calories and ready in 25 minutes!
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 3 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated beets
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 large leaves collard greens , large stems removed
- 1 avocado , pitted and cut into thin wedges
- BRING water to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in quinoa, currants, curry paste and 1/8 tsp salt. Reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, covered, until quinoa is tender, about 12 min. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside for 10 min.
- STIR carrot with beet in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and remaining 1/8 tsp salt until combined.
- LAY a collard green on a cutting board. Spoon quinoa mixture along the bottom edge, then top with carrot and beet slaw and avocado slices. Lift bottom edge over filling, then roll toward the centre. Fold in sides, then continue rolling into a tight log. Set seam-side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice rolls in half to serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 61 g,
- 17 g,
- 12 g,
- 563 mg.
Pair it with: A Canadian pinot gris
This irresistible and silky-smooth white has layers of stone fruit and cantaloupe and the merest kiss of sweet spice on the finish. A terrific take on pinot gris, it’s a joy alongside these wraps.
Our pick: Fielding Estate Pinot Gris, Ontario, $19.