Want extra veggies to go with dinner? Try Nigella’s recipe for green beans with pistachio pesto.
Nigella Lawson's beef pizzaiola recipeBy Chatelaine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin strip loin steaks , about 1/4 inch thick, or veal scalloppini
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives , preferably oil-cured
- 2 tbsp capers , drained
- 2 tbsp dry red vermouth
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil with garlic in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium-high for 2 min. Remove and discard garlic. Increase heat to high. Add steaks and cook 30 sec per side. Transfer steaks to a large piece of foil and tightly seal.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add anchovies and mash and stir until they nearly dissolve. Add oregano, chili flakes,tomatoes, olives, capers, vermouth and water. Cook for 5 min. Open foil packet and pour any juices into tomato mixture. Transfer steaks to plates. Stir tomato mixture and pour over steaks. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 6 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 633 mg.