Updated Mar 1, 2017Chatelaine
lamb rib chops, French trimmed
thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
- RUB lamb chops with oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- COMBINE orange juice with vinegar, honey, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan and set over medium- high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce is reduced by two-thirds, 30 to 40 min. Remove from heat and cover.
- TOAST walnuts in a small, non-stick frying pan over medium, about 5 min. Cool.
- PREHEAT barbecue or grill pan to medium-high.
- SPRINKLE chops with remaining 1/4 tsp of salt. Season with fresh pepper. Oil grill, then barbecue chops 3 to 4 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand about 2 min before serving.
- TOSS walnuts with cheese, parsley, mint, oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Top with figs. Drizzle lamb with sauce.