Ottolenghi's lamb chops with walnut, fig and goat cheese saladBy Chatelaine
Their latest North American release, Ottolenghi, shares signature fare from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi's London restaurants. Yotam is visiting our kitchen this month to give us the first taste of his new set of unforgettable dishes — and here's one of three delicious recipes he shared!
- 12 lamb rib chops , French trimmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 thyme sprigs , leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary , leaves removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup walnuts , coarsely chopped
- 100 g goat cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 fresh figs , quartered
- RUB lamb chops with oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- COMBINE orange juice with vinegar, honey, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan and set over medium- high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce is reduced by two-thirds, 30 to 40 min. Remove from heat and cover.
- TOAST walnuts in a small, non-stick frying pan over medium, about 5 min. Cool.
- PREHEAT barbecue or grill pan to medium-high.
- SPRINKLE chops with remaining 1/4 tsp of salt. Season with fresh pepper. Oil grill, then barbecue chops 3 to 4 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand about 2 min before serving.
- TOSS walnuts with cheese, parsley, mint, oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Top with figs. Drizzle lamb with sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 30 g,
- 43 g,
- 4 g,
- 411 mg.
- Excellent source of