Burrata and Grilled Nectarine SaladBy Chatelaine
Diala Canelo's travel-inspired recipes are so popular that selections from her blog, Diala’s Kitchen, are being published as a cookbook this August. This salad marries two favourite ingredients: Niagara-region produce and fresh, southern Italian burrata.
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 4 nectarines , peeled and cut into thick slices
- 3/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 balls fresh burrata cheese , about 225 g
- toasted slices of baguette , for serving (optional)
- In a large grill pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Arrange the nectarine slices in the pan without crowding them and cook, turning once, until grill marks appear on both sides. (You can also grill them on a barbecue, brushing the nectarine slices with olive oil before placing them on the hot grill.)
- Transfer the nectarines to a medium bowl. Add the mint, balsamic vinegar and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Using a rubber spatula, fold together
- Place the burrata in the middle of a serving plate. Arrange the nectarine and mint mixture around the burrata. Sprinkle with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Enjoy on its own or serve with toasted slices of baguette on the side.