Fresh veggie lasagnaBy Chatelaine
Nutritious and delicious with swiss chard, ricotta, navy beans and noodles.
- 475-g tub extra-smooth ricotta , about 2 cups
- 540-mL can navy beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 796-mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 360-g pkg fresh lasagna sheets
- 5 cups shredded red swiss chard , leaves only, about 1 small bunch
- Preheat oven to 450F. Stir ricotta with beans, lemon zest and chili flakes in a large bowl. Combine tomatoes with water, garlic and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture on bottom of a 9 × 13-in. baking dish. Lay 2 sheets side by side overtop. They will not cover sauce completely. Spread half of ricotta mixture on sheets. Scatter half of chard overtop. Drizzle one-third of remaining sauce overtop. Repeat layering. Finish with lasagna sheets, then sauce. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 min. Remove foil and continue baking for 5 more min.
How to make classic lasagna
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 62 g,
- 11 g,
- 8 g,
- 824 mg.
The Burgundy region is known for its superb chardonnays, but there’s another white grape hidden in those vineyards. This light aligoté with its lemon-zesty acidity works wonders with lasagna. Our pick: Jaffelin Bourgogne Aligoté, France, $18.