Fresh sage and balsamic vinegar give a double punch of flavor to these meaty yet light steaks.
Sage-scented pork steaks
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6 servings
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork steaks , each about 1-in.
- Measure oil and vinegar into a small bowl. Whisk in sage, garlic and pepper. Place steaks in a glass plate or dish just large enough to hold steaks in a single layer. Pour marinade over top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Turn steaks partway through marinating. Before barbecuing, remove dish from refrigerator and bring steaks to room temperature.
- Preheat barbecue and lightly oil grill. Remove steaks from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill steak for about 8 minutes, then turn. Continue barbecuing for about 5 to 8 more minutes. To test whether steaks are done, press centre of each with your finger. Steaks should feel firm throughout. Serve steaks with an assortment of grilled vegetables.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36.8 g,
- 1 g,
- 20.1 g,
- 91 mg.