Coconut chicken stir-fry with broccoliBy Chatelaine
Friday night stir-fry! If your week has left you tired and looking for something simple, give this triple-tested coconut chicken stir-fry a try.
- 400 mL coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 chicken breasts , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli , stems peeled and diced, crown cut into florets
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper , thinly sliced (optional)
- WHISK coconut milk with broth, soy, fish sauce and honey in a medium bowl. Toss chicken with cornstarch in a medium bowl until coated.
- HEAT an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then garlic, chicken and broccoli stems. Cook until chicken is golden, 5 to 7 min. Add coconut milk mixture and broccoli florets and cook until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 min. Serve chicken stir-fry over rice and top with basil and chili slices.
Mastering the basics: kung pao chicken
Nutrition (per serving)
- 40 g,
- 17 g,
- 26 g,
- 4 g,
- 830 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C