Sheet pan baked rainbow troutBy Chatelaine
- 1 fennel bulb , cut into 1/4-in. slices, fronds reserved
- 1 398-mL can cannelini beans , drained and rinsed
- 5 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 4 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp saffron , (optional)
- 1 orange , halved
- 2 283-g pgks grape tomatoes
- 2 rainbow trout fillets , about 250g each, halved
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- TOSS fennel, beans, garlic, orange zest, 3 1/2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and saffron on prepared sheet. Place orange halves, cut-side up, on sheet. Bake 8 min.
- STIR tomatoes into fennel mixture, then place trout on top of vegetables. Brush trout with remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- BAKE until tomatoes start to burst and trout is cooked through, 10 to 12 min. Squeeze juice, using tongs, from roasted orange halves over trout and vegetables. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve with a crusty baguette, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 39 g,
- 22 g,
- 11 g,
- 521 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C