Puttanesca fish stewBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Today's dish speeds up the prep by using leftovers from yesterday's baked puttanesca!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 1/2 large fennel bulb , finely diced
- 1 carrot , finely diced
- 1 cup water
- 796 mL canned diced tomatoes
- 236 mL clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 reserved cooked tilapia fillets , cut into pieces, and sauce (from baked puttanesca fish with quinoa)
- HEAT a large pot over medium-high. Add oil, then onion, fennel and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, 5 min. Stir in water, tomatoes, clam juice and bay leaf. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cover and gently boil, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 min.
- STIR reserved fish and sauce (from the baked puttanesca fish recipe) and chili flakes into stew. Cook until warmed through, about 3 min. Remove and discard bay leaf. Ladle stew into bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
Grilling secrets for fish
[brightcove id=’1113248868001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 15 g,
- 12 g,
- 4 g,
- 662 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12