Millet, mushroom and shrimp bowlBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 cup millet
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 225-g pkg shiitake mushrooms , thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 1/2 cups mushroom vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 350 g frozen medium cooked shrimp , thawed
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas , trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- TOAST millet in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high, stirring often, until seeds start to brown, about 4 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- HEAT 2 tbsp oil in the same pan. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 min. Push to sides of pan.
- ADD remaining 1 tbsp oil, onion and garlic to pan. Cook until onion is softened, 3 min. Stir in millet, broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until liquid is almost absorbed, about 20 min.
- STIR in shrimp and snap peas. Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 min. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with lemon juice and more pepper, if desired.
Chatelaine Quickies: Shrimp and feta linguine
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 47 g,
- 14 g,
- 7 g,
- 840 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12