, about 300 g each
Grilled peach caprese salad
white or regular balsamic
, cut lengthwise into scant 1/2-in. slices
2 125-g balls
- COMBINE jam, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, Dijon and garlic in a large zip-top bag. Add pork, massaging to coat. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- REMOVE pork from marinade to a plate and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan with water over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until mixture is reduced to a scant 1/4 cup and has a glaze-like consistency, about 10 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill. Grill tenderloin, flipping every 3 min, so all 4 sides have grill marks. Continue cooking until a thermometer inserted into the centre reads 145F, about 4 more min. Remove to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest, 5 min. Slice pork, drizzle with glaze.
Peach Caprese Salad
- BRING vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high barbecue until reduced to 3 tbsp, about 5 min.
- TOSS peaches and zucchini with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Oil grill. Grill peaches and zucchini until just tender and slightly charred, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to a platter and toss with basil. Tear mozzarella into large pieces and add to platter. Drizzle with remaining oil and some of the balsamic reduction before serving. Nutrition: Calories: 335, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fat: 26g, Fibres: 4g, Sodium: 500mg.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 17 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 576 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6
Kitchen tip: If you can’t find small tenderloins, use one large (about 500 g). It will take 3 to 4 more min to reach 145F. Use a sharp fillet knife to remove the silver skin (sinewy membrane on the outside of the tenderloin). Pierce through a section of the skin with the knife flat against the surface of the tenderloin, then use long, even sliding motions to cut the skin off.