Jun 12, 2018Chatelaine
Grilled peach caprese salad
- COMBINE jam, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, Dijon and garlic in a large zip-top bag. Add pork, massaging to coat. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- REMOVE pork from marinade to a plate and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan with water over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until mixture is reduced to a scant 1/4 cup and has a glaze-like consistency, about 10 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill. Grill tenderloin, flipping every 3 min, so all 4 sides have grill marks. Continue cooking until a thermometer inserted into the centre reads 145F, about 4 more min. Remove to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest, 5 min. Slice pork, drizzle with glaze.
Peach Caprese Salad
- BRING vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high barbecue until reduced to 3 tbsp, about 5 min.
- TOSS peaches and zucchini with 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Oil grill. Grill peaches and zucchini until just tender and slightly charred, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to a platter and toss with basil. Tear mozzarella into large pieces and add to platter. Drizzle with remaining oil and some of the balsamic reduction before serving. Nutrition: Calories: 335, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fat: 26g, Fibres: 4g, Sodium: 500mg.
Kitchen tip: If you can’t find small tenderloins, use one large (about 500 g). It will take 3 to 4 more min to reach 145F. Use a sharp fillet knife to remove the silver skin (sinewy membrane on the outside of the tenderloin). Pierce through a section of the skin with the knife flat against the surface of the tenderloin, then use long, even sliding motions to cut the skin off.
NutritionCalories 240, Protein 34 g, Carbohydrates 17 g, Fat 3 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 576 mg. Excellent source of vitamin B6
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs