Nachos supremeBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 6
Arranging your nachos in layers is a great way to avoid dry nachos at the bottom. for Whether you're entertaining or just looking to spice up your weeknight dinner, these fully loaded nachos with beans and chorizo are sure to please.
- 300-g bag no-salt tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g cured chorizo sausage , diced (1 cup)
- 1 onion , finely dced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes , chopped and divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 540-mL can no-salt red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions , chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 jalapeño , seeded and sliced (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Arrange tortilla chips in single layer.
- HEAT oil in saucepan over medium. Add chorizo and cook for 2 to 3 min. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, garlic and thyme and cook until onion starts to soften, 5 min. Add half of tomatoes and the pepper and cook for 2 min. Add to chorizo bowl and stir in beans and two-thirds of green onions.
- SPOON chorizo mixture over nacho chips, then sprinkle with cheddar. Bake until cheese is melted, 12 to 15 min. Sprinkle nachos with remaining green onions and chopped tomatoes, and jalapeno.
Chatelaine Quickies: Nacho Supreme
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 62 g,
- 13 g,
- 12 g,
- 685 mg.
- Excellent source of