Grilled pork chops with basil butter and grilled vegetablesBy Chatelaine
- 1/2 cup butter , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 pork loin chops , about 3/4-in. thick
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 3 zucchini , cut lengthwise into 1/4-in.-thick slices
- 1/2 small red onion , cut into 1/4-in.-thick rounds
- 280 g grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Stir butter with basil, shallot and zest in a small bowl. Scrape onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a log. Freeze until firm, 15 min.
- SPRINKLE chops with ½ tsp salt. Oil grill. Barbecue pork chops, lid closed, until meat is firm to the touch, 3 to 4 min per side. Cover with foil.
- SPRINKLE zucchini with remaining ¼ tsp salt. Oil grill. Barbecue zucchini and onion, lid closed, until grill marks form, 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut zucchini into thirds and onion in half. Toss with tomatoes in a large bowl.
- SLICE basil butter into 4 rounds and place on chops. Serve with grilled vegetables.
Crispy pork chops with sauteed apples
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 8 g,
- 31 g,
- 2 g,
- 661 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A