- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- TRIM fat off chicken legs. Brush both sides with 1 tsp canola oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- TOSS green onions, trimmed, with canola oil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl until coated.
- OIL grill. Barbecue chicken, lid closed, flipping halfway through, until springy when pressed, about 30 min. Transfer chicken to a platter. Brush with 2 tbsp honey and let stand for 5 min.
- BARBECUE green onions, lid closed, flipping halfway through, until tender and charred, 4 to 5 min. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Whisk remaining 3 tsp (1 tbsp) canola oil with lemon juice in a large bowl. Add onions, mixed greens and parmesan. Toss to coat. Serve salad with chicken.
Grilled green onions are sweet, tender and smoky – a delicious addition to salads.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 44 g,
- 16 g,
- 29 g,
- 3 g,
- 676 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12