Five-spice pork medallions with pineapple salsaBy Chatelaine
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 pineapple , peeled and cored, finely diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 green onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 small pork tenderloins , about 400 g each
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- COMBINE rice with water in a large saucepan. Cook, following package directions, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 18 to 20 min. Spread rice onto a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- STIR pineapple with bell pepper, onion, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. Reserve and refrigerate 2 1/2 cups pineapple salsa and 3 cups rice for pineapple-pork fried rice.
- CUT pork into 1-in. rounds. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT a very large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then pork. Sauté until golden and cooked through, 4 to 6 min per side. Add hoisin, soy, chili-garlic sauce and five-spice powder. Stir until heated through. Cool half of meat and sauce, then refrigerate for pineapple-pork fried rice.
- SERVE remaining pork and sauce over rice with salsa.
How to peel and core a whole pineapple
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 86 g,
- 4 g,
- 5 g,
- 389 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C