Updated Feb 22, 2016Chatelaine
pineapple, peeled and cored, finely diced (about 4 cups)
red bell pepper, finely diced
green onion, finely chopped
finely chopped cilantro
small pork tenderloins, about 400 g each
low-sodium soy sauce
- COMBINE rice with water in a large saucepan. Cook, following package directions, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 18 to 20 min. Spread rice onto a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- STIR pineapple with bell pepper, onion, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. Reserve and refrigerate 2 1/2 cups pineapple salsa and 3 cups rice for pineapple-pork fried rice.
- CUT pork into 1-in. rounds. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT a very large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then pork. Sauté until golden and cooked through, 4 to 6 min per side. Add hoisin, soy, chili-garlic sauce and five-spice powder. Stir until heated through. Cool half of meat and sauce, then refrigerate for pineapple-pork fried rice.
- SERVE remaining pork and sauce over rice with salsa.
NutritionCalories 493, Protein 29 g, Carbohydrates 86 g, Fat 4 g, Fibre 5 g, Sodium 389 mg. Excellent source of vitamin C
How to peel and core a whole pineapple