Donna Hay's crispy salmon with dill pickled onionsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This aromatic salmon recipe is from Donna Hay's cookbook, The New Easy.
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 4 x 180g pieces salmon filet , skin on
- extra virgin olive oil , for brushing
- baby spinach , and extra dill sprigs, to serve
Dill pickled onions
- 2 red onions , finely sliced
- 1/3 cup (80mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the dill pickled onions, place the onion, lemon juice, sugar, dill and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the chilli, salt, sesame and mint. Brush the salmon lightly with oil and sprinkle the flesh-side only with the spice mixture. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon, skin-side down, and cook for 5 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Turn the salmon and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the salmon between plates and top with the dill pickled onions. Toss the baby spinach leaves with a little of the pickling liquid and serve with the fish.