Classic Macaroni SaladBy Chatelaine
- 4 cups elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 stalks celery , finely diced
- 1 225-mL jar chopped pimento peppers , drained
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- COOL pasta following package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- STIR onion, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 min to pickle. Add celery, pimentos, mayo and pepper. Stir in macaroni until combined.
- SERVE right away or cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hr.
- Variation: Add 1 1/2 cups of finely cubed cheddar for a cheeky twist on mac and cheese.
Chatelaine Quickies: French onion macaroni and cheese
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 32 g,
- 19 g,
- 2 g,
- 539 mg.
- Excellent source of