Photography, Erik Putz. Food styling, Ashley Denton. Prop styling, Madeline Johari.
, (about 85 g each)
350-g pkg fresh papardelle
- Boil a large pot of water for pasta. Arrange 2 sage leaves on top of each scallopini. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around centre of each.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then chicken. Cook for 2 min. Flip and cook until bottoms are lightly golden, 2 min. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Pour wine and broth into same pan over medium-high. Boil for 2 min. Whisk in butter. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until just tender, about 3 min. Drain pasta. Serve chicken over pasta and drizzle sauce overtop.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 63 g,
- 102 g,
- 31 g,
- 5 g,
- 1060 mg.
Ibi Wine Skin-Contact Vidal 2019
Revel Cider’s wine-focused project, Ibi, uses winemaking techniques in craft cider with poetic results: think piquettes, vermouth sodas and ciders with offbeat spices, like sumac and hyssop. Its canned Skin-Contact Vidal wine-cider hybrid features vidal grapes from Beamsville, Ont. (typically used in sweet wines), with a splash of tangerine cider added at the end. The result is crisp, tropical and temperate; it’s bone-dry with whiffs of yuzu and satsuma wrapped in honeysuckle. It’s the perfect foil for salty meats, like prosciutto, which love orange. Plus, the relatively low alcohol by volume (10.5%) and single-serving format is perfect for a weeknight in. $7.50, Revel Cider.
1. Don’t have pappardelle on hand? Fettuccine, tagliatelle or any other broad-noodle pasta will work just as well.Follow package directions and cook until al dente.
2. Chicken scallopini may also be sold as “thin sliced chicken breasts” in grocery stores.