Updated Jan 15, 2019Chatelaine
- COMBINE chicken, rice wine, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir to coat, then marinate about 10 min.
- COOK noodles, following package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water, then toss with 1 tsp canola oil.
- HEAT 1 tbsp oil in a wok or extra-large frying pan over high. Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink, 2 min. Transfer to a plate, then wipe the wok clean.
- HEAT remaining 1 1/2 tbsp oil in the wok over high. Add garlic and stir-fry for 5 sec. Add the cabbage, carrots and snowpeas and stir-fry until cabbage is wilted, 1 to 2 min.
- STIR in noodles, remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce, remaining 1 tsp sesame oil, oyster sauce and green onions and stir-fry for 1 min. Return chicken and any juices, then add the bean sprouts and cook 30 sec. Remove from heat.
Kitchen Tip: Stir-fried dishes like chicken chow mein cook very quickly over high heat. The key is to have all your ingredients measured, chopped and close by before you begin cooking.
Kitchen Tip: We like fresh chow mein noodles, which can be found in the produce section of the grocery store, but dried noodles work just as well.
NutritionCalories 271, Protein 14 g, Carbohydrates 28 g, Fat 11 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 714 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
How to make a roast chicken sheet pan dinner