Bangers with rutabaga saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 rutabaga , peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes (about 7 cups)
- 4 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 500 g mild Italian sausages
- 1/2 cup water
- BOIL a large pot of water over medium-high. Add rutabaga. Boil until tender, 12 to 14 min. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- WHISK 3 tbsp canola oil with lemon juice, grainy mustard and tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Add rutabaga, spinach and green onions. Toss until well coated.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium. Add remaining tbsp canola oil, then sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 5 to 6 min. Pour in water. Gently boil, covered, 6 min. Remove lid. Cook until sausages are dark golden, 1 to 2 min per side. Remove from heat. Serve with rutabaga salad.
Packed with vitamin C, iron and fibre, rutabaga is a superfood. To peel it, slice off the top and bottom so it sits flat, then use a knife to slice off the thick skin.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 23 g,
- 32 g,
- 5 g,
- 991 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A