To prevent sliding, thread lemon slices onto the skewers through their white pith.
Greek Chicken SkewersBy Chatelaine
A quick and easy Greek-inspired marinade makes this chicken skewer irresistibly delicious.
- 8 wooden skewers
- 600 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 large lemon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Soak skewers in a dish of warm water for 20 min. Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1-in. cubes.
2. Whisk oil with parsley, oregano, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Stir in chicken until coated. Set aside for 10 min.
3. Cut lemon in half lengthwise, then thinly slice each half into 12 half-moons. Thread chicken, tomatoes and lemon slices onto skewers, beginning and ending with chicken.
4. Oil grill, then add skewers. Close lid and cook, flipping halfway through cooking, until tomatoes are charred and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 9 g,
- 11 g,
- 3 g,
- 387 mg.