Chicken Parmesan BurgerBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Turn this classic Italian dish into a succulent saucy burger for the perfect summer meal.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 450 g ground chicken
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 slices mozzarella , cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns , split and toasted
- 1/2 cup marinara sauces
- 8 large basil leaves
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Pour panko into a second shallow bowl. Spread flour out on a small plate.
- Combine chicken with cheese, onion powder and garlic salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Divide into 4 portions, then roll each into a ball.
- One ball at a time, roll in flour, then press into a 3 1/2-in.-wide patty. Coat in egg; shake off excess. Coat in panko, pressing to adhere. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add enough oil to reach 1/4 in. up the side of pan (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Add 2 patties to hot oil. Fry until golden-brown, 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer to a papertowel-lined platter and top with a cheese slice.
- Repeat with remaining patties. (If patties are getting too browned, reduce heat.)
- Layer bottom buns with patties, then marinara sauce and basil. Sandwich with top bun. Serve immediately.