1. Wipe down your cabinets and cupboards. Fetch a bowl of soapy water and tackle any stuck-on stains.
2. Vacuum your drawers. Crumbs have a way of settling in every nook and cranny, along with dust and dirt.
3. Clean your oven. This can be really time-consuming, especially if you don’t have a self-cleaning model. But it's so important to get rid of any stuck-on bits before your oven starts working overtime during the colder months. If left, these bits will begin to burn, smoking out your kitchen and adding unnecessary colour to your food.
4. Mop your floor. A quick once-over will make it look good as new.
5. Soak your pots. Get rid of calcium build-up in your kettle and pots by soaking them with white vinegar. Let stand at least 10 minutes, and watch the calcium wash away with a good rinse.
6. Scrub your pans and baking sheets. Simply sprinkle coarse salt over tough stains and wipe in a circular motion using a damp kitchen cloth.
Click here for Chatelaine's pantry cleaning checklist.
Get Chatelaine in your inbox!
Our very best stories, recipes, style and shopping tips, horoscopes and special offers. Delivered every weekday morning.