( 16 ratings )
- Preparation time:
- 20 minutes
- Baking Time:
- 65 minutes
- Standing Time:
- 40 minutes
- 10 to 12 Wedges
- 2 cups (500 mL) graham-cracker crumbs
- 11/2 cups (375 mL) toasted desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned pumpkin purée (no spices added)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground nutmeg, ginger and salt
- 2 8-oz (250-g) pkg regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- For crust, preheat oven to 325F (160C). Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 10-in. (25-cm) springform pan. In a bowl, stir crumbs with 1 cup (250 mL) toasted coconut, ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar and butter until evenly moist. Press over bottom and partway up sides of prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden, about 10 min. Cool on a rack. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, for filling, whisk eggs in a large bowl. Then whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar and seasonings. Cut cheese into cubes and place in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat in granulated sugar. Then beat in cream, vanilla and pumpkin mixture, scraping down side of bowl if needed, until well mixed. Pour over warm crust.
- Bake in centre of 325F (160C) oven until filling is almost set when pan is jiggled, 55 to 60 min. Place pan on a rack to cool. Immediately run a knife around inside pan edge to loosen crust and prevent cracking. When cooled to room temperature, refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours. Remove from pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) coconut.
Prepare and bake cheesecake. Place pan on a rack and cool to room temperature. Leaving in the pan, loosely cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Or leave in pan and wrap in plastic, then a layer of foil and freeze up to 1 month. Defrost cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. Best to let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted coconut over top. Slice into wedges.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 7 g
- 32 g
- 43 g
- 2 g
- 72 mg