Using one simple base recipe and some imaginative add-ins and garnishes, there are infinite ways to trick out these retro bites.
A retro snack that can be whipped up into a variety of combinations. Click ahead for 10 options.
Tips and tricks for how to make devilled eggs
- The fresher the eggs, the more difficult they are to peel, so choose the slightly older eggs in your refrigerator.
- To prevent a dark green ring from forming around the yolks, cool the eggs rapidly in running cold water as soon as they’re finished cooking.
- After draining and cooling eggs, gently crack them all over and keep them soaking in cold water, then start peeling from the large end.
- For smooth, clean edges, use a sharp knife to cut eggs in half. Avoid serrated knives.
- Use a whisk to mash yolks or put them through a sieve to keep them light and velvety. A piping bag fitted with a star tip will give your yolks a swirly, elegant finish.
Watch: The best way to peel a boiled egg