Juicy and jam-packed with exotic flavours – this is not your usual chicken burger.
Thai Chicken Burger
- 1 lime
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp dry bread crumb
- 1 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 500 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- Finely grate peel from lime into a medium bowl. Add egg and whisk together. Stir in bread crumbs, chili-garlic and fish sauces. Crumble in meat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Using a fork or your hands, gently mix. Shape into 4 burgers, about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick. Using your thumb, make a shallow depression in centre of each.
- Lightly coat a small, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Add burgers. Cook until light golden, 3 to 4 min per side. They brown quickly. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until firm when pressed, about 2 to 3 more min per side. Serve with salad or on a bun with sliced cucumber and tomato.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 10 g,
- 0.3 g,
- 478 mg.