Summer corn-pasta salad
Fresh vegetables, citrusy vinaigrette and a kick of jalapeño make this sunny pasta salad a staple for weeknight dinners and family barbecues.
- 1 1/2 cups orecchiette pasta
- 8 ears husked corn on the cob , broken in half
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice , about 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 green onions , sliced
- 1 jalapeños , seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until al dente, about 12 min. Allow plenty of water so that corn and edamame can be added. When pasta has cooked for 10 min, add corn and edamame. Continue cooking for 2 more min. Drain and rinse pasta, corn and edamame under cold running water. Let stand in colander.
- WHISK oil with vinegar, lime juice, honey and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Slice corn off cobs and add to vinaigrette, along with pasta, edamame, onions and jalapeno. Toss until well coated. Stir in basil. Salad will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to a day.
Chatelaine Quickies: Summer corn pasta salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,
- 79 mg.