Luxurious and creamy. You’d never know we cheated and cut out almost all the usual stirring.
Spring risotto with artichokes
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 3 servings
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tsp dried tarragon or dill
- 2 1/2 cups undiluted chicken broth
- 1 orange or red bell pepper , chopped
- 398-mL can artichoke heart , drained
- 1/2 cup frozen pea
- 1/2 140-g pkg creamy goat cheese
- Finely chop onion. Melt butter in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add onion and stir often, until it starts to soften, 3 min. Add rice and stir to coat. If using dried tarragon or dillweed, sprinkle in at this point. Do not add fresh. Add broth. If using canned broth, add 1 soup can of water as well. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 18 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare pepper and slice artichokes into quarters. When rice has simmered 18 min, stir in pepper, artichokes, peas and fresh tarragon or dill, if using. Continue to cook, covered and stirring often, until rice is tender, from 2 to 5 more min. Remove from heat. Crumble in goat cheese. Gently stir in. Best if served right away.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 73 g,
- 9 g,
- 6 g,
- 1705 mg.