Cucumber sandwiches with wasabi cream
24 triangle sandwiches
- 1/2 tsp prpared Dijon or wasabi
- 250-g container cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 bunch chives , thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber , peeled
- 12 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, using a fork, stir wasabi into cream cheese. Taste and add more, if you like. Stir in chives. Peel cucumber, if you like. Slice in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice.
- Generously spread cream cheese mixture over all the bread slices. Distribute cucumber over half the slices. Top with remaining bread. Gently press together. Trim and discard crusts from bread, if you like. If making ahead, wrap and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 8 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 116 mg.