It doesn’t get much easier than a slice-and-bake one-pan dinner. Our version is incredibly satisfying and delivers a nutritious mix of fruit and vegetables.
Rosemary sweet-potato sausage roast
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 apple , preferably Northern Spy or Granny Smith
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried, crumbled rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 to 4 sausages , preferably Italian
- Fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Slice sweet potato into rounds, about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick. Slice unpeeled, cored apple into wedges, then set aside. Place potato in a bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with dried rosemary, thyme and salt. Toss until coated. Place on a large baking pan.
- Add apple wedges to bowl and stir to coat with any leftover oil and seasonings. Set aside. Nick sausages and arrange around potato slices.
- Roast, uncovered, 20 min. Then turn potato and sausages. Add apple to pan. Continue roasting until sausages are cooked and potato is tender, 10 to 15 more min. Sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 40 g,
- 26 g,
- 6 g,