Roasted spring vegetables
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 680-g bags fingerling potatoes , sliced lengthwise, about 8 cups
- 2 bunches baby carrots , with green tops, about 1 kg
- 3 cups radishes , cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- Position oven rack in bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 350F. Toss together potatoes, carrots, radishes, olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, red-chili flakes, salt and pepper and thyme in a large bowl. Place vegetables on 1 large (or 2 small) rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast on bottom rack, 20 min. Stir, then continue roasting until vegetables are fork-tender, about 20 more min. Remove from oven. Add parsley and toss to combine.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 27 g,
- 7 g,
- 138 mg.
Gewürztraminer is a terrific match for rich and spicy meals. Gray Monk Gewürztraminer (British Columbia , $19) has a rosewater and lychee perfume layered with tropical-fruit flavours. Both British Columbia and Ontario offer gorgeous Gewürztraminers, or look for classic French versions from Alsace.