The dressing can be made in advance. For best results, stir in the remaining ingredients just before serving. Add leftover sliced cooked turkey to make a hearty salad.
Waldorf Salad With Chive DressingBy Chatelaine
Chive and tarragon add wonderful flavour to a salad made of kale, celery, apples and grapes.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tarragon , (optional)
- 142 g baby kale , or baby chard
- 4 celery stalks , thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple , halved and thinly sliced in half moons
- 1 cup red grapes , halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts , toasted
1. Dressing: Whisk mayonnaise with vinegar and Dijon in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Whisk in chives and tarragon.
2. Add kale, celery, apple, grapes and walnuts. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 10 g,
- 12 g,
- 2 g,
- 88 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin C