Veggie quinoa frittata for dinner tonightBy Chatelaine
Quick and delicious, try this cheesy quinoa frittata recipe, and liven things up at the table with a crisp, dry white wine from Spain.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-Jan small red onion , diced
- 227-g pkg sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups backed baby spinach , chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- COOK quinoa following package directions, about 12 min. Set aside.
- HEAT a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, 6 to 8 min. Add spinach, cooked quinoa and salt. Stir until spinach wilts, about 1 min. Stir in eggs. Sprinkle cheese overtop. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, until eggs are set, 10 to 12 min. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 21 g,
- 19 g,
- 25 g,
- 4 g,
- 527 mg.
Cheesy quinoa frittata, Pair it with: A spanish secret.
The still relatively unknown godello grape is one of Spain’s hidden treasures. The nose is pear and apple with a sprinkle of baking spices, making this crisp, dry white from Bierzo a perfect partner for egg-based dishes.
Our pick: Alvarez de Toledo Godello, Spain, $14.