A simple lemon juice and caper sauce brings out the best fish flavour whether you’re grilling or broiling.
Halibut steaks with lemon-caper sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 6 minutes, Grilling Time: 10 minutes
- 4 firm-fleshed fish steaks , such as halibut, about 1-in. thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp well-drained capers , coarsely chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium-high. Lightly oil fish and place on grill. Barbecue, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes per side. If you wish to broil in the oven, preheat broiler. Place oven rack about 5 inches (12.5 cm) from broiler. Lightly oil fish and place on a broiler pan. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until a knife tip inserted into fish comes out warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in green onions and sauté 1 minute. Add lemon juice, capers and salt and pepper to taste. Place fish on a platter. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon-caper sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 36 g,
- 1.6 g,
- 18.7 g,