Easy chicken 'n' greens
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 30 minutes
, or 4 skinless, boneless breasts
, or broccoli (calcium rich)
white wine or
, calcium rich
- Remove skin and fat from chicken and discard. Thinly slice garlic. Thickly slice bok choy or cut broccoli into florets. You should have about 4 cups (1 L).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Dip chicken into flour and shake off excess. Then sauté until lightly golden, about 5 minutes a side.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté about 3 minutes. Add wine or broth, red pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil and add carrots. Partially cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes, turning chicken partway through. Add bok choy or broccoli and sesame oil. Continue simmering, uncovered and stirring often, until vegetables are done as you like, from 5 to 10 more minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- For a more concentrated sauce, remove chicken and vegetables to a heated serving plate. Boil broth until reduced to about 1/2 cup (125 mL). Pour over chicken and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30.9 g,
- 13 g,
- 13.9 g,
- 3.1 g,
- 472 mg.
A swift saute and a brief braise yields tender chicken and flavorful vegetables. This is perfect after an active day outdoors.