Updated Mar 10, 2017Chatelaine
sweet onion, finel chopped
garlic cloves, minced
baby spinach, about 12 cups, chopped
chopped fresh dill
crumbled feta, divided
freshly grated nutmeg
frozen sheets of all-butter puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
- POSITION oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- HEAT a large pot over medium. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly brown, 4 to 5 min. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 1 min. Add ricotta and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 10 to 12 min. Remove from heat. Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer and drain excess liquid. Return to pot and stir in dill, 1/2 cup feta, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- UNROLL puff pastry rolls onto prepared sheets. Use a paring knife to score a 1/2-in. border around each pastry square, then use a fork to prick holes all over the pastry. Beat egg in a small bowl. Brush evenly over both sheets of pastry.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until pastry is golden and puffy, about 15 min.
- REMOVE baking sheets from oven. Divide spinach mixture between the squares and spread to scored borders. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup feta over spinach mixture. Continue baking until puff pastry and feta are golden-brown, switching sheets halfway through, 13 to 15 more min. Sprinkle with hot-red-chili flakes. Slice each pizza into 9 pieces.
- Make-ahead tip: Bake pizzas 3 hours before the party. Keep in a cooled oven. Pizzas can be served at room temperature.
NutritionCalories 167, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fat 11 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 275 mg. Excellent source of Vitamin A
How to make a spinach and feta phyllo tart