Dinner in a hurry can be as simple as rolling up a tortilla filled with healthy ingredients. For dinner-to-go, roll up in waxed paper and twist the ends, party-cracker style.
Smoked chicken rolls
This article has not been rated yet.
- 250 g sliced smoked chicken , or turkey
- 1 avocado , peeled
- 3 carrots
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 6 6-in. flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander , or thinly sliced green onions
- shredded lettuce , or fresh spinach
- Slice chicken into 1/4-inch (0.5-cm) strips. Cut avocado into slices. Cut carrots into thin julienned strips. Grate peel from lime and stir into sour cream along with Tabasco.
- To assemble, lay tortillas flat. Place chicken strips in a line across middle of each tortilla. Top with carrot and avocado. Dab with sour cream and scatter coriander or green onion on top. Top with a little lettuce, if you wish. Roll each into a cigar shape. If not eating right away, wrap each roll in waxed paper. Twist ends. Refrigerate for up to half a day.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13.7 g,
- 25.6 g,
- 10.9 g,