Rosemary-ricotta-pesto croissant with apple
This article has not been rated yet.
The humble sandwich goes haute. Build a better sandwich with a few fresh ingredients and some creative upgrades.
- 1/2 cup shelled salted pistachios
- 1/2 cup extra-smooth ricotta
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 croissants , sliced in half
- 1 firm, crisp red apple , thinly sliced
- Whirl pistachios with ricotta, garlic, rosemary and lemon juice in a food processor until combined. Add olive oil through the feed tube until thick. Scrape into a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble sandwich by generously spreading both halves of each croissant with ricotta pesto. Fan apple slices over bottom halves and press gently. Sandwich with top halves.
Make Ahead Tip
Pesto will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to a week.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 37 g,
- 29 g,
- 4 g,
- 523 mg.