This salad was an instant family favourite for Mandy’s Salads co-founders Rebecca and Mandy Wolfe. The WoBo, as it’s affectionately named in the Wolfe family, is still a dinner staple in their homes.
Wolfe Salad RecipeBy Chantal Braganza
- 2 cups mesclun greens
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup kale leaves , shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot , shredded
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup quinoa , cooked
- 1/4 cup parmesan , flakes
- 2 tbsp walnut pieces , roasted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds , black and white
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast , packed
- 1 cup olive oil , plus 3 tbsp
- freshly ground salt and pepper , to taste
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
In a blender, combine the vinegar, tamari, garlic, olive oil and nutritional yeast. Process on medium-high speed until smooth and well combined, 20 to 30 seconds. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides of the jar with a spatula as needed.
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large stainless–steel bowl. Top with 1/3 cup of dressing, and using tongs, toss until well mixed and dressed.
- Remaining dressing will keep, refrigerated, for up to 7 days.