Creamy Bean and Sweet Potato Salad with Soft-Boiled EggBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
A refined take on the beloved creamy green bean salad, this refreshing yet hearty plate will satisfy all your winter-day cravings.
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and cut in 1-in. cubes
- 4 shallots , quartered
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 500 g green beans , trimmed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers , drained and diced
- 1 113-g log plain goat cheese , crumbled
- 8 cups baby mixed greens
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 450F.
- Toss sweet potatoes and shallots with 1 tbsp oil and
1/4 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Season with pepper. Roast, stirring halfway through cooking, until golden-brown, 12 to 14 min.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add beans. Boil until tender-crisp, 4 to 6 min. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water. Pat dry.
- Whisk lemon juice with zest, garlic and remaining
1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup oil. Stir in red pepper and goat cheese. Add beans and toss
to evenly coat.
- Divide greens among plates. Top with green-bean mixture and roasted vegetables. Peel eggs. Place an egg over each portion and slice open with a knife. Season with pepper.