Cinnamon and cayenne kick these scrumptious brownies up a notch.
Brazil-nut brownies with dulce de leche ice cream
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 174 g coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate , about 6 squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Dulce de leche ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Spread nuts out on a baking sheet. Toast until fragrant, 8 to 10 min. Coarsely chop. Leave oven on. Meanwhile, coat or spray an 8-in. (2-L) square baking dish with oil.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, stir flour with cinnamon, cayenne and salt. Set aside. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until almost melted, 3 min. Stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Scrape in cooled chocolate mixture, then stir in. Gradually stir in flour mixture just until mixed. Stir in nuts. Evenly spread batter in baking dish. Bake in centre of oven until edges are firm and centre is set, 35 min. (A cake tester inserted into the centre will still have crumbs clinging to it.) Cool on a rack. Serve with ice cream. If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 27 g,
- 14 g,
- 49 mg.