- Whole-Wheat: Instead of 1 cup of all-purpose flour, use 1 cup whole-wheat flour and 2 tbsp ground flax seeds. Continue with recipe.
- Herb & Garlic: Stir in 1 tbsp each of finely chopped fresh oregano, thyme and parsley and 1 tsp garlic powder along with oil and salt. Continue with recipe.
- Green-Onion: Instead of olive oil, use dark sesame oil. Stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions along with oil and salt. Continue with recipe.
- Cheese: Knead 1 cup finely grated cheddar into perfect pizza dough before using.
Pizza Dough Variations
Start with pizza and take it from there!
- Two-Bite Garlic Rolls: Divide perfect pizza dough in half. Roll 1 portion into a 10 × 16-in. rectangle with long side closest to counter edge. Spread with 1/4 cup garlic butter. Roll up dough into a log. Slice into 12 rounds. Lay, cut-side down, in a greased 24-cup mini-muffin tin. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 350F until golden, 20 to 25 min.
- Asian-inspired flatbread: Divide green-onion dough into 8 portions. Form into balls. Roll each into an 8-in. circle. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then a pancake. Cook until bottom is golden, 1 to 2 min. Flip and cook about 2 more min. Repeat.
- Focaccia: Grease an 8 × 8-in. baking dish with 1/4 cup olive oil. Pat any dough variation into dish until it fits. Dimple surface with fingertips. Place half an olive into each dimple. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 350F until golden brown, 30 min.
- Calzone: Divide perfect pizza dough into 4 portions. Roll each into a 9-in. circle. Lay pizza toppings on one half of circle. Fold over filling to form a half-moon packet. Seal edges. Brush tops with oil. Bake at 425F until golden, 15 min.