6 to 8 servings
- 500 g frozen mixed or stir-fry vegetables , about 6 cups
- 284-mL can condensed cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups bite-size pieces cooked turkey , or chicken
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Place vegetables in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until ice crystals disappear. Vegetables will still be frozen inside. Roll up in a clean tea towel to thoroughly dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk undiluted soup with sour cream and poultry seasoning and mustard. Stir in vegetables and turkey.
- Turn into a 10-inch (25-cm) pie plate or deep 3 quart (3 L) casserole dish which measures about 8-1/2×8-1/2 inches (21×21 cm) across top. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap with one corner turned back.
- Microwave on high until hot, stirring once, from 5 to 7 minutes. Or, if preparing in a saucepan, stir soup mixture with sour cream, seasonings, turkey and vegetables. Cook over medium heat, uncovered and stirring often, until hot. Then pour into a pie plate or casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, stir biscuit mix with half of cheese. For biscuit topping, stir in milk until mix is just moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls over hot filling. The entire surface will not be covered. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in centre of 400F (200C) oven until bubbling and biscuits are golden, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 29.5 g,
- 12.3 g,
- 1 g,
- 544 mg.