Vegetable Kebabs With Creamy Lemon-Garlic Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo, Carmen Cheung.
We used ground flax meal to make a creamy lemon-garlic dressing for these plant-based vegetable kebabs and quinoa.
, sliced into 1/2-in. thick rounds
, cut into 1-in. pieces
1 227-g pkg
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp
, such as Club House
, sticks (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Soak wooden skewers in a baking dish filled with hot water.
- Stir flax meal with 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let stand until thickened, about 10 min. Meanwhile, stir zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms with 2 tbsp oil, garlic spice blend and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a large bowl. Thread vegetables onto skewers; arrange on a baking sheet.
- Roast, flipping halfway, until vegetables are fork-tender and lightly charred around edges, 14 to 15 min.
- Scrape flax mixture into a food processor or blender along with garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice and salt. Whirl to combine. With motor running, slowly add remaining 3/4 cup oil and whirl until thick.
- Serve skewers on quinoa. Stir parsley into sauce, then drizzle or dollop on skewers. Top with shredded lettuce and pickled turnips, if desired.
- If you have large mushrooms, cut them into halves or quarters.
- Save time by roasting vegetables on a pan instead of skewering.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 51 g,
- 52 g,
- 8 g,
- 364 mg.