Open-Face Steak Sandwiches with Green Onion Salsa
Photo, Erik Putz.
Steak sandwiches are drizzled with a broiled green onion salsa and served with a tomato and arugula salad.
, about 250 g each, at room temperature
1 142-g pkg
1 283-g pkg
Green Onion Salsa
, ends trimmed
, seeded and finely chopped
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. Place on rack.
- Broil steaks until there is slight resistance when pressed with your finger, 2 to 3 min per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 min.
- Wipe baking sheet. Split buns and arrange, cut-side up, on 1 side of sheet.
- Green Onion Salsa: Brush 1 tbsp oil over onions; arrange on other side of baking sheet with buns. Broil until buns are toasted, about 1 min. Remove buns from oven. Continue broiling onions, turning halfway, until golden brown, 3 to 4 min more. Transfer onions to cutting board to cool slightly.
- Thinly slice onions, then mix with 1/2 tsp salt, vinegar, jalapeno and sugar. Stir in remaining 6 tbsp oil and parsley.
- Toss arugula with tomatoes and 2/3 cup salsa in a bowl. Divide buns among 4 plates and spread with 1/3 cup salsa. Top with sliced steak and dollop remaining salsa overtop. Serve salad on the side.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 25 g,
- 34 g,
- 4 g,
- 766 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A