Nordic potato saladBy Chatelaine
Sometimes you just want a break from romaine. This crunchy, satisfying potato salad recipe packs plenty of colour and international flavour — but no lettuce.
- 750 g red-skinned baby potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 gherkin pickles , thinly sliced lengthwise, plus more for garnish
- 1 Granny Smith apple , finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped dill , (optional)
- BOIL a large pot of water. Add potatoes. Cook until tender, 15 min. Scoop out and transfer to a large plate. Refrigerate until cool, 40 min. Add eggs to same water. Cook for 9 min. Scoop out and transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool, 5 min. Peel and slice 1 egg. Set aside. Peel and chop remaining eggs. Quarter potatoes.
- WHISK mayo with sour cream, lemon juice, curry powder and salt in a large bowl. Add potatoes, chopped eggs, gherkins, apple, red onion and dill. Toss until coated. Transfer to a platter. Top with reserved egg, more sliced gherkins and dill. (Kitchen note: This potato salad recipe is a Chatelaine Test Kitchen favourite — it’s all about the tangy pickles!).
How to make Nordic potato salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 31 g,
- 20 g,
- 2 g,
- 334 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C