Chimichurri Steak TacosBy Chatelaine
Make these yummy tacos with leftovers from your Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled Corn.
- 1 grilled flank steak , (from Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled Corn)
- 2 cooked corn on the cobs , (from Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled Corn)
- 1 plum tomato , diced
- 1 small shallot , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 small flour tortilla
- 1/4 cup chimichurri , (from Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled Corn)
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 250F. Place steak on a rack set on a baking sheet. Reheat steak until warmed through but not overcooked, 35 to 40 min. Thinly slice against the grain.
2. Cut corn kernels from cobs into a medium bowl. Stir in tomato, shallot, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder and salt. 3. Stir sour cream with 2 tbsp chimichurri sauce in a small bowl.
4. Spread 1 tbsp sour cream mixture onto each tortilla. Top with steak slices and corn salsa. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp chimichurri sauce.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Use the leftover steak, corn and chimichurri sauce from the Seared Flank Steak with Chimichurri & Grilled Corn recipe.
To warm tortillas, cover in foil and heat in 250F oven until hot, about 10 min, or cover in paper towel and microwave on high for 1 min.
To quickly reheat flank steak, place in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high until hot but not overcooked, about 1 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 50 g,
- 48 g,
- 24 g,
- 3 g,
- 780 mg.
- Excellent source of