Baked Salmon & Rice Bowls with TogarashiBy Chatelaine
Make two salmon fillets tonight and save one to make Salmon Burgers tomorrow.
- 1 cup brown sticky or short grain rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 750g skin-on salmon filet
- 1 tbsp PC Black Label Shichimi Togarashi
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 6 radishes , thinly sliced in half moons (1 cup)
- 1/2 English cucumber , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Cook rice following package directions. Let stand 10 min, then fluff with a fork.
2. Whisk vinegar with soy sauce, maple syrup, Dijon and ginger in a medium bowl. Slowly stream in oil while constantly whisking until combined.
3. Pat fish dry with paper towel. Place fish skin-side down on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle 1 fillet with 2 tbsp vinegar mixture and sprinkle with shichimi togarashi. Sprinkle remaining fillet with salt. Season both with pepper. Bake until a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish for 10 sec comes out warm, 12 to 15 min. Reserve fish without shichimi togarashi for Salmon Burgers let it cool and then refrigerate.
4. Stir 1/4 cup vinegar mixture into rice, then divide among 4 bowls. Top rice with carrots, radishes, cucumber and shichimi togarashi fish. Drizzle bowls with the remaining 2 tbsp vinegar mixture and then sprinkle with green onions.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Save tonight’s baked salmon fillet to make Salmon Burgers tomorrow.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37 g,
- 50 g,
- 34 g,
- 5 g,
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A, folate and magnesium